The Renal System at a Glance, 4th Edition
This Wiley app-book, The Renal System at a Glance, 4th Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Highly Commended in Internal medicine in the 2017 BMA Medical Book Awards
The Renal System at a Glance is a highly illustrated and practical guide to the structure and function of the kidney, renal, and urinary system. It also covers related disorders and abnormalities and their treatment.
Fully updated to reflect the many exciting new developments in the understanding of nephrology, this new edition has been restructured to better integrate basic science and clinical examples to the medical school curricula. It is divided into eleven parts, proceeding logically from an overview of the kidney to specific conditions, diseases, disorders and infections, which are dealt with in 52 concise chapters, followed by a case-study and Q&A section. The chapters on glomerular filtration and global kidney medicine are entirely new, while the latest guidance and approaches to acute kidney injury, chronic kidney diseases, and renal replacement therapy have also been incorporated.
The Renal System at a Glance:
- Offers clear explanations on tricky topics such as electrolytes, fluid balance and acid–base handling
- Features new sections on glomerular filtration, and a new chapter on the global differences in kidney problems
- Includes cross-referencing between basic science and related clinical content
- Focuses on clinical disorders and investigations – ideal for those embarking on medicine rotations
- Illustrates each topic in a double-page spread, complete with charts, graphs and photographs
- An updated companion website is available at www.ataglanceseries.com/renalsystem, featuring animations and MCQs
This new edition is the perfect guide for medical students, junior doctors, and allied health professionals – including specialist nurses – who wish to learn, or refresh their knowledge, of the kidney and renal system in health and disease.
Author: Christopher O'Callaghan