Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry 11e
Wolters Kluwer Health
This Wolters Kluwer source of information is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
The Best-Selling Resource in Psychiatry NOW UPDATED with DSM-5!
The new and thoroughly updated 11th edition of Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry is a complete overview of the entire field of psychiatry for clinicians, residents, students, and all others who provide mental health care.
In this best-selling textbook in psychiatry for over 40 years, the reader will find a thorough discussion of both the behavioral sciences and clinical psychiatry. The 11th edition integrates all the DSM-5 criteria and provides a detailed and comprehensive overview of treatment methods for every known mental disorder.
The 11th edition is set apart from any other reference you have and includes:
- DSM-5 diagnostic tables on every major psychiatric disorder.
- A psychopharmacology section organized according to mechanisms of action and updated to include all of the new drugs including those in preparation.
- Extensive use of case studies and illustrations to enhance the learning experience.
- The most current treatment methods including a description of all newly introduced psychotherapeutic techniques.
- A completely revised section on neurocognitive disorders organized along the DSM-5 model.
- An updated and expanded section on child psychiatry; now includes a guide to diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorder and other disorders of childhood.
The Synopsis of Psychiatry has been the leading clinical psychiatric resource for psychiatrists both in the US and around the world. It has the reputation of being an independent, accurate, reliable and objective compendium of new events in the field of psychiatry.
Authors: Benjamin J. Sadock, Virginia A. Sadock, Dr Pedro Ruiz MD