Spanish Terminology for the Dental Team
This Elsevier app-book is developed by Medhand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using Medhands patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
An essential reference for every dental office, Mosby's Spanish Terminology for the Dental Team, 2nd Edition helps Spanish-speaking patients feel more at ease in your practice by helping you and your staff communicate in Spanish more effectively. Dental-specific terms and phonetic spellings help you translate each step of the dental experience, from initial contact through advanced procedures. Quick and easy to use, this pocket-sized resource also covers the new terminology related to hot topics and emerging trends such as implants, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and cosmetic dentistry. A companion website includes audio pronunciations and printable handouts for your Hispanic patients on topics including preventive care, orthodontics, and general caries procedures.
New to this edition
- Coverage of hot topics includes the new terminology related to prevention, implants, oral and maxillofacial surgery (including LASER), cosmetic dentistry, and digital radiography.
- New illustrations depict concepts such as anatomy and radiographic positioning.
- Additional phonetic spellings help you pronounce Spanish words and phrases correctly.
- New Heritage and Culture chapter adds information on Hispanic culture to help you communicate with clarity, tact, and compassion.
- New patient education handouts on the website offer Spanish instructions for proper oral health, including information on proper tooth brushing, general caries procedures, pediatric issues, and specialty orthodontic treatment.
- An improved organization rearranges chapters more logically by anatomy foundations, dental specialties, medical specialties, and office administration, and moves the Spanish language primer to an appendix.
- Information on HIPAA privacy regulations is incorporated into chapters dealing with office administration.
- Comprehensive coverage includes foundational information on the Spanish language, plus coverage of the full range of dental care from patient greeting and office administration through assessment, evaluation, and general and specialty dental treatment.
- Summary boxes highlight key terms and phrases in a two-column format, with English on the left and Spanish on the right.
- A glossary of common English-to-Spanish everyday terminology is provided in the back of the App-book.
- Trusted content is developed and reviewed by an expert editorial board comprising dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants. This is the only Spanish terminology book written specifically for dental professionals by dental professionals.
Authors: By Mosby