Tropical Diseases: A Practical Guide for Medical Practitioners and Students
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Tropical Diseases: A Practical Guide for Medical Practitioners and Students, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Tropical Diseases: A Practical Guide for Medical Practitioners and Students outlines the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases encountered in developing regions - areas where the unexpected can occur and where Western medical capabilities are often unavailable. Taking a pragmatic approach, it is an invaluable reference and resource for medical professionals and students travelling abroad or working in unfamiliar terrain.
The diseases profiled here include a brief historical background, main signs and symptoms, and practical methods of individual prevention and treatment.
- A concise and practical guide to the clinical classification of tropical diseases
- Many brief and typical clinical vignettes describing authentic cases
- More than 60 maps depicting the geographic origins and modern distribution of tropical diseases
- A classification scheme for parasitic diseases according to the location of the final parasitic stage in the human body
- Offers treatment recommendations relevant to working conditions in resource-limited tropical areas
- Focused on symptoms, treatment, and prevention
- Therapeutic recommendations considering conditions in developing countries
- Disease and symptoms indexes
- Sorted alphabetically for easy reference
Readership: Medical professionals and students travelling or working abroad.
Main author: Yann A Meunier