Prescribing Scenarios at a Glance
John Wiley & Sons
This Wiley - Blackwell app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
Prescribing Scenarios at a Glance is an innovative resource which allows medical students and junior doctors to practise prescribing skills safely for themselves. Supporting those who wish to develop their prescribing knowledge and clinical reasoning, this book features 50 acute and on call scenarios in a hospital setting. Users will be able to practise skills such as initiating a prescription, planning management, reviewing therapy, and identifying adverse drug reactions and interactions.
Prescribing Scenarios at a Glance:
- Contains case scenarios, mock drug charts and model answers with discussion
- Features a workbook of prepared drug charts for each case that allow users to practise prescription writing
- Includes detailed explanations and answers to all case scenarios, including examples of correctly completed charts
- Includes access to refill drug charts for each scenario available on the companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/prescribingscenarios, allowing users to rehearse each scenario as many times as they like
An ideal companion for medical students, foundation doctors and non-medical prescribers as they develop their prescribing skills, this book will help to instil confidence, reduce errors, and encourage best practice. It will also be a valuable resource for candidates preparing for prescribing exams.
Authors: Emma Baker, Daniel Burrage, Dagan Lonsdale, Andrew Hitchings