Peritoneal Dialysis Manual: A Guide for Understanding the Treatment
This Karger app-book, Peritoneal Dialysis Manual: A Guide for Understanding the Treatment, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Peritoneal dialysis (PD) is a valid renal replacement therapy when incorporated in an overall integrated care programme for end-stage renal disease patients. Despite this fact, PD has not yet been established as a true long-term dialysis modality.
This practical handbook offers sensible advice as well as detailed information on virtually all clinical and pathophysiological aspects of PD in an easily accessible format and explains the complexities of PD in a clear but still scientific and comprehensive way.
The ten main chapters cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Peritoneum
- Treatment Modalities
- Access- and Catheter-Related Complications
- Measurement of Peritoneal Transport
- Assessment of the Peritoneum by Biomarkers in Peritoneal Effluent
- Peritonitis and Other Catheter-Related Infections
- Information Technology in Peritoneal Dialysis
- Residual Renal Function and Peritoneal Dialysis Dose in Adequacy of Peritoneal Dialysis
- Peritoneal Dialysis Solutions, and
- Long-Term Peritoneal Dialysis and Encapsulating Peritoneal Sclerosis
Nephrologists, residents in nephrology and internal medicine, and all other health care workers - nurses, pharmacists, dieticians, intensivists, and medical students - involved with patients suffering from end-stage renal disease will find this book very helpful for understanding the scientific background of PD.
Authors: R T Krediet, D G Struijk, and S van Esch