Park’s The Pediatric Cardiology Handbook, 5e
This Elsevier app-book is developed by Medhand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using Medhand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for, Park's The Pediatric Cardiology Handboook, includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Effectively diagnose and manage children with congenital and acquired heart disease by consulting the concise, portable and fully updated edition of Park's The Pediatric Cardiology Handbook. Designed as a companion to Dr. Park's larger text, Pediatric Cardiology for Practitioners, this pocket-sized resource features useful diagrams and clear descriptions of disorders, presenting healthcare professionals in practice or in training with a reliable point-of-care reference or general review. "...this book would be useful to practising pediatric cardiologists or trainees who needs ready access to detailed information, including the normal values." Reviewed by Seminars in Fetal and Neonatal Medicine , Apr 2015
New to this Edition
- Familiarize yourself with the latest developments in the field through extensive updates on congenital heart defects, infective endocarditis, cardiomyopathies, cardiac arrhythmias, long QT syndrome, blood pressure and systemic hypertension.
- Stay abreast of new recommendations in lipid screening for children, as well as the normative blood pressure standards for auscillometric and oscillometric methods obtained in the San Antonio Children's Blood Pressure Study.
- Access an expanded section covering two-dimensional echocardiography, and consult detailed normative values of echocardiography in the Appendix.
- Study the newest approaches in the area of cardiac surgery, such as hybrid procedures.
- Facilitate the decision-making process with a user-friendly organization; consistent, easy-to-read coverage; and pocket-sized portability.
- Better understand core concepts with help from numerous illustrative diagrams.
Author: Myung K. Park