Paediatric Nephrology, Second Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Paediatric Nephrology, Second Edition, is developed by MedHand. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Oxford Specialist Handbooks in Paediatrics
- A must for nephrology consultants and all who give medical care to children with renal diseases
- Presented in easily accessible handbook format
- Key issues are highlighted with bullet-points and boxes
- Includes appendices and links to current literature and recommended drug dosages
- Includes colour plates for renal biopsy histopathology
Paediatric Nephrology is designed to help the reader understand and manage any condition affecting the kidney in childhood. It is pocket-sized to give easy reference in the clinical setting and highlights the important issues for quick use. From history-taking and urinalysis, through electrolyte management and acute kidney injury to transplantation, all aspects are covered in this concise yet comprehensive guide to this specialist area. It is an invaluable reference for both the general paediatrician and the specialist.
The appendix provides useful additional information and protocols. This new edition is up to date and evidence-based when possible. Tables and equations direct readers to the use of relevant medication and drug dosages.
Authors: Lesley Rees, Paul A Brogan, Detlef Bockenhauer, and Nicholas J A Webb