Oxford Handbook of Rheumatology, 4th Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook of Rheumatology, 4th Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Oxford Medical Handbooks
Highly Commended in the Internal Medicine category at the BMA Book Awards, 2019.
The Oxford Handbook of Rheumatology, 4th Edition, has been fully reviewed and updated to make it an invaluable guide for students, trainees, consultant rheumatologists, and everyone caring for patients with musculoskeletal disease. With the addition of a paediatric rheumatologist to the editor team, this new edition is a fully functional rheumatology handbook for patients from childhood to adulthood.
Practically structured, the handbook focuses first on presenting symptoms and then considers key diseases, emergencies, and rare diseases in detail. There is a comprehensive and updated account of assessment, guidelines, and treatment options. The text has been condensed with bullet points and summary boxes so the reader can focus on the essential information. To aid understanding, more than half of the images have been updated and the colour plate section has been expanded.
Taking a clinical, evidence-based approach, written by experts, and presented in a clear, practical, bullet-point style for rapid reference, this handbook will be your constant companion and a joy to use.
- Focuses on presenting symptoms and considers key diseases, emergencies, and rare diseases in detail
- Information is distilled into easy-to-use tables and bulleted lists for quick reference
- Written to include MRCP(UK) PACES relevant material, making this an invaluable guide for the trainee doctor
New to this edition:
- Rewritten to reflect current EULAR and BSR guidelines, with added reference to NICE guidelines and technology appraisals
- Features new and updated images, with a larger colour plate section
- Includes new chapters on rare autoinflammatory diseases (RAIDs) and hereditary disorders of connective tissue (HDCT)
Readership: Trainees and qualified practitioners with an interest in this speciality.
Editors: Gavin Clunie, Nick Wilkinson, Elena Nikiphorou, and Deepak Jadon