Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine includes unique functions such as
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
- Fully updated and revised including the latest clinical guidelines and research
- Gives practical tips relevant for both the ward and the out-patient clinic
- The comprehensive text on respiratory medicine, ideal for candidates studying for exams
- Covers required theory for level one thoracic ultrasound competency
New to this edition
- New section added on thoracic ultrasound, and cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- New material on indwelling plueral catheters and safe sedation
Revised and updated for its third edition, the Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine is the must-have resource for junior doctors and students, and all clinicians caring for patients with respiratory problems. Concise, practical, and designed for rapid access to essential information, this handbook will ensure you have everything you need for the ward, clinic, or exams.
This handbook covers the latest clinical guidelines and developments in the field. It features unique sections on practical procedures and a symptoms section to aid in differential diagnosis and clinical management. Practical advice on management is integrated throughout and a dedicated section on respiratory emergencies ensures you can cope with any eventuality. New sections such as thoracic ultrasound, indwelling pleural catheters, safe sedation, and cardiopulmonary exercise testing have been added, and all major respiratory diseases and symptoms are covered in practical, succinct chapters. This third edition will ensure you have all the information you need at your fingertips.
Readership: Specialty Registrars in respiratory medicine and general medicine, foundation doctors, respiratory nurses, clinical medical students, general practitioners, occupational physicians
Authors: Stephen Chapman, Grace Robinson, John Stradling, Sophie West, and John Wrightson