Oxford Handbook of Ophthalmology, Fourth Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook of Ophthalmology, Fourth Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Oxford Medical Handbooks
Fully revised and updated throughout, the fourth edition of the Oxford Handbook of Ophthalmology now includes free access to the ophthalmic online media bank, a selection of high-quality clinical images, and videos for a wide breadth of key ophthalmic diseases. Clear, concise, and practical, this handbook provides immediate access to the detailed clinical information you need, in casualty, clinic and theatre, and on the wards.
The core of the book comprises a systematic synopsis of ophthalmic disease directed towards diagnosis, interim assessment, and ongoing management. Assessment boxes for common clinical conditions and algorithms for important clinical presentations illustrate this practical approach. The information is easily accessible, presented in a clear format with areas of importance highlighted. Key sections for the trainee include: Clinical Skills, Aids to Diagnosis, Investigations and their Interpretation, Perioperative Care, Theatre Notes, and Therapeutics. The wider practise of eye-care is supported by expanded chapters on Refractive Ophthalmology, Vision in Context, Evidence Based Ophthalmology and Resources for Ophthalmologists.
Now including newer treatments across a range of specialities such as SMILE, gene-therapy and retinal prostheses, as well as greater emphasis on the evidence underlying current clinical practice and guidelines, this handbook has never been more essential for all those working in eye-care. Whether you want to learn about patient-reported outcomes, identify a surgical instrument, interpret a statistical test, or diagnose and treat ophthalmic emergencies, you will find it here.
Whatever your role in caring for patients with eye disease – ophthalmologist, optometrist, orthoptist, ophthalmic nurse, or other health profession – discover for yourself why this handbook has become the ‘go-to’ resource for tens of thousands of eye-care professionals around the world.
- Provides a practical, systematic synopsis of ophthalmic disease diagnosis, assessment, and management
- Assessment boxes enable rapid, comprehensive assessment
- Encourages a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to the patient
- Includes an illustrated guide to common instruments to help new trainees easily recognise and request appropriate instruments when operating
- Introduces key skills for designing and critically appraising different types of studies and explains the use of common statistical methods in ophthalmology
New to this edition:
- Now includes access to the ophthalmic online media bank; a high-quality collection of specially selected colour images and videos to aid the reader's understanding
Editors: Alastair K O Denniston and Philip I Murray