Oxford Handbook of Neonatology, 2nd Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook of Neonatology, 2nd Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Oxford Medical Handbooks
The Oxford Handbook of Neonatology is the essential user-friendly guide for all healthcare professionals involved in the care of new-borns. Accessible and practical, and taking a valuable family-centred approach to neonatal care, it is a key resource designed for use at the cot-side.
Now fully updated and revised for its second edition, this handbook includes the latest guidance from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, the most up-to-date NICE guidelines, extensive diagrams and an easy-to-use format to cover good communication practice, neonatal emergencies and technical procedures. Expanded sections cover all advances in the field, including therapeutic hypothermia and developmental care.
- Fully revised and updated, with expanded sections covering advances and new evidence in neonatology
- Delivers rapidly accessible and practical advice to the clinician in a user-friendly and convenient format which can be applied at the cot-side
- Includes content aligned to the curriculum and competencies for undergraduate and postgraduate Paediatric training in the UK
- Provides information on neonatal emergencies, good communication practice, common problems encountered on the ward, and procedures
- Written using all available evidence, and covers guidance from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and other relevant bodies
- Features diagrams, tables, and photos to support the text
New to this Edition:
- Coulmprehensive update, including a brand-new Endocrinology chapter
- All sections reviewed and revised to include recent advances
- Includes an expanded section on therapeutic hypothermia
- Updated guidelines, including NICE, ensures that text is up to date and in line with current best practice in neonatology
Readership: All healthcare professionals working with new-borns, from the undergraduate medical student to the doctor on the ward.
Authors: Grenville Fox, Timothy Watts, and Nicholas Hoque