Oxford Handbook of Emergency Nursing, Second Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook of Emergency Nursing, Second Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Oxford Handbooks in Nursing
Emergency nurses are often required to make sense of considerable amounts of information and act upon it. The Oxford Handbook of Emergency Nursing provides an essential resource when time is short and the need for practical clinical guidance is paramount.
This second edition has been fully updated to reflect new guidelines and approaches that have impacted upon emergency nursing in recent years. It provides clear, focussed information that will aid all areas of patient assessment and management in emergency care. The concise format will enable the reader to quickly locate the information needed and provides alerts regarding critical 'must-dos' for ill adults and children. The skills section provides a quick summary of the many clinical skills needed in emergency care - ideal as an introduction for the uninitiated and as a refresher for skills performed infrequently. Additionally, this second edition has been expanded to cover nursing in major trauma and emergencies in the elderly. This handbook will empower nurses to deliver excellence in emergency care.
- Fast access to concise, targeted information on all essential aspects of emergency nursing
- Written by experienced nurses and packed full of up-to-date guidance and information
- Contains detailed information on patient assessment and prioritization
- Highlights signs and symptoms that call for urgent action
- Features a handy skills chapter offering a quick 'aide-memoire' for the reader
New to this edition:
- Updated to include new guidelines and approaches implemented since the first edition
- A brand-new chapter on emergencies in older patients covering falls, frailty, safeguarding, and polypharmacy
- A brand-new chapter on major trauma covering the management of patients with multiple or serious injuries
- More references to web links throughout
Written by practising nurses and subject experts, the Oxford Handbook of Emergency Nursing is a unique and invaluable companion for qualified and student nurses, and to all healthcare professionals working in the emergency care setting.
Editors: Robert Crouch OBE, Alan Charters, Mary Dawood, and Paula Bennett