Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine
Oxford University Press
Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, Ninth Edition
This Oxford University Press source of information is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
- The world's best-selling pocket medical handbook - the only choice for medical students and junior doctors
- Offers up-to-date and practical clinical advice that can be implemented at the bedside
- Features over 600 colour illustrations and clinical photographs to aid diagnosis and understanding
- Offers a unique approach, bringing art, philosophy, history and over 25 years' of experience to the practice of medicine
- Thoroughly updated in line with new guidelines from the NHS, NICE, the Resuscitation Council, and other professional bodies
- The History and Examination chapter has been completely revamped to make it the best possible reflection of practice at the bedside
- More clinical photographs and anatomical line drawings than ever before
- The index, references, and internal cross-references have been completely overhauled to make them even easier to use
- A renewed focus on the history and philosophy of medicine, with new illustrations and vignettes opening each chapter
The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine presents clinical information in a clear way that makes it easy to revise, remember, and implement on the ward. It gives reliable advice on what to do, when to do it, and how to do it, with clinical photographs and diagrams that bring theory to life. Uniquely for a medical text, this book weaves history, literature, art, and philosophy into its survey of medicine, casting new light on the specialties and encouraging the reader to see beyond the practical aspects of medicine and adopt a patient-centred approach to care.
The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine looks better than ever, with a more modern design and over 600 colour images and illustrations. The History and Examination chapter has been completely revamped with systematic flowcharts and new illustrations so that it better reflects real bedside practice. The index, cross-references, and references have been overhauled to make them even easier to use. Every chapter has been written with supervision from experts in each field to ensure accuracy, and updated to reflect relevant guidelines from the NHS, NICE, the Resuscitation Council and other key professional bodies.
Loved and trusted by generations of doctors, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine continues to be an indispensable companion for the practice of modern medicine.
Readership: Clinical medical students, junior doctors, general practitioners, nurses, and a wide range of other medical and allied health personnel.
Authors: Murray Longmore, Ian Wilkinson, Andrew Baldwin, and Elizabeth Wallin ________________________________________
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks in digital format.
MedHand offers user-friendly, quick and intuitive applications for medical books on iPhone, iPod and iPad, supporting you with mobile knowledge at the point of care. Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers. MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care!
OUP, Oxford, MedHand, medical students, junior doctors, clinical information