Oxford Handbook of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation, 4th Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation, 4th Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Oxford Medical Handbooks
Thanks to major advances in technology thousands of clinical and laboratory tests are now available, forming a key part of the diagnostic process in the highly complex field of modern medicine. This handbook provides a patient-orientated approach to investigation, with a comprehensive review of specialty-related tests. Written in the Oxford Handbook style, this book features references and up-to-date website links for extra clinical detail.
This new edition has been revised to include the most recent developments in investigatory tests, with clear step-by-step instructions and updated illustrations to provide greater clarifying background to the text. Written by an experienced team of active clinicians, this is invaluable for junior doctors as a quick reference, as well as senior medical students preparing for examinations.
- An indispensable guide to investigative techniques written by an experienced team of active clinicians
- Provides both a patient-centred and specialty-centred approach to investigation of symptoms and signs, with advice on all relevant tests and the pitfalls of interpreting results
- Extensively illustrated to aid understanding of the more complex investigation and interpretation of results
- Cross-referenced with the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, 10th Edition, for more detailed clinical management advice
New to this edition:
- Thoroughly revised with the latest investigations, such as faecal immunochemical testing, advanced MRI techniques, and new genetic screening for phaeochromocytoma
Readership: Medical students and junior doctors, who will find it ideal for revision; all doctors at any stage in their careers will also find it useful.
Editor: Drew Provan