Oxford Handbook for the Foundation Programme, 5th Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook for the Foundation Programme, 5th Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Oxford Medical Handbooks
The Oxford Handbook for the Foundation Programme returns in a new edition - keeping junior doctors, as well as their supervisors and senior medical students, up to date and giving them the information and the confidence they need to excel during and beyond the Foundation Programme.
This new edition has been fully revised to take in the latest guidelines, the new junior doctors' contract, and the most recent Foundation Programme curriculum. New sections demystify the NHS structure and explore key changes in social care and the interface with the NHS. Revisions have also been made to key information on the medical certificate of the cause of death, the role of the medical examiner, and changes to interactions with the coroner. An entirely new standalone chapter focusses on psychiatry.
The junior doctor's pocket mentor, this handbook distils the knowledge of four authors across multiple NHS environments in an easy-access format, covering everything from practical guidance at the patient's bedside to aspects of adapting to day-to-day life as a junior doctor that are rarely covered in medical school.
With this indispensable survival guide to the Foundation Programme, you need never be alone on the wards again.
- The best-selling guide to surviving the first two years as a doctor
- Features the things that medical school doesn't teach you, such as administrative tasks, communication, ethics, and impact of social media
- Includes the latest changes to the curriculum and junior doctor contracts
New to this edition:
- Updated in line with new guidelines from NICE, the British Thoracic Society, Resuscitation Council UK, and MHRA
- Includes the latest changes to the Foundation Programme curriculum and junior doctor contracts, and a new section demystifying the NHS structure for Foundation Programme doctors
- Updated key information on the medical certificate of the cause of death, the role of the medical examiner, and changes to interactions with the coroner
- Includes a new, standalone chapter on psychiatry for the Foundation Programme doctor
- Streamlined design that maintains strong use of colour for a user-friendly reading experience
Authors: Tim Raine, George Collins, Catriona Hall, and Nina Hjelde. Consultant editors: James Dawson, Stephan Sanders, and Simon Eccles