Nutrition for Sport and Exercise: A Practical Guide
This Wiley app-book, Nutrition for Sport and Exercise: A Practical Guide, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Food and drink choices before, during and after training and competition have a direct impact on health, body-mass and composition, nutrient availability and recovery time – and an optimal diet can significantly improve exercise performance.
Nutrition for Sport and Exercise outlines the fundamental principles of nutrition in relation to sport and exercise and then applies these principles through practical tools such as food and nutrient lists, recipes, and menu options. This practical guide translates the athlete's goals into achievable strategies and shortens the gap between theory and practice.
- Dedicated chapters on the impact and relevance of specific nutrients and food groups
- Includes recipes and menu options
- Covers the area of sport and exercise nutrition with an evidence-based approach
- Concise and accessible, combining theory and practice
Equipping the reader to successfully implement dietary changes, this is an invaluable resource for athletes, sports physicians and undergraduate students of nutrition, and for sport and exercise science courses.
Author: Hayley Daries