Manson’s Tropical Diseases, 23rd Edition
This Elsevier app-book is developed by Medhand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using Medhand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for, Manson's Tropical Diseases, includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Public Health category!
From the difficult to diagnose to the difficult to treat, Manson's Tropical Diseases prepares you to effectively handle whatever your patients may have contracted. Featuring an internationally recognized editorial team, global contributors, and expert authors, this revised and updated medical reference book provides you with the latest coverage on parasitic and infectious diseases from around the world.
"This book functions both as a text book and a reference manual but remains eminently readable." Reviewed by British Journal of Hospital Medicine, Jul 2015
"..strongly recommended, excellent quality, signature book on Tropical Medicine for everyone working in this field." Reviewed by Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease, March 2015
New to this Edition
- Make the most accurate Tropical Disease diagnoses through a completely redesigned and modernized format, which includes full-color images throughout plus a wealth of additional illustrations online at Expert Consult.
- Apply the latest treatment strategies for HIV/AIDS, tropical neurology, malaria, and much more.
- Put the latest international expertise to work for you and your patients with new chapters covering Global Health; Global Health Governance and Tropical Diseases; Non-communicable Diseases; Obesity in the Tropics; and Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine in Resource-poor Settings.
- See which diseases are most prevalent in specific areas of the tropics through a new index of diseases by country, as well as online-only maps that provide additional detail.
- Better understand the variations in treatment approaches across the globe.
- Incorporate the latest therapies into your practice, such as recently approved drugs and new treatment options.
- Find what you need easily and apply it quickly with highlighted key information, convenient boxes and tables, extensive cross-referencing, and clinical management diagrams.
Author: Jeremy Farrar, Peter Hotez, Thomas Junghanss, Gagandeep Kang, David Lalloo, Nicholas J. White