Genetics in Medicine
This Elsevier app-book is developed by Medhand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using Medhand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Updated to reflect the newest changes in genetics, Thompson & Thompson's Genetics in Medicine returns as one of the most favored texts in this fascinating and rapidly evolving field. By integrating the classic principles of human genetics with modern molecular genetics, this medical reference book utilizes a variety of learning tools to help you understand a wide range of genetic disorders.
New to this Edition
- Immerse yourself in updated graphics, full-color text, illustrations, line diagrams, and clinical photos of genetic diseases.
- Explore the latest genetic content available in order to remain up to date on the most current trends in the field.
- Take advantage of a double-page clinical case study section that demonstrates and reinforces general principles of disease inheritance, pathogenesis,diagnosis, management, and counseling.
- Enhance your critical thinking skills and better retain information. Each chapter ends with up to 5 quick genetic "problems" related to what has just been reviewed, with answers provided in the back of the book.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices. You'll also access USMLE-style and multiple choice questions.
- Acquire the state-of-the-art knowledge you need on the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, pharmacogenetics, and bio-informatics.
- Better understand the relationship between basic genetics and clinical medicine with a variety of clinical case studies.
- Recognize a wide range of genetic disorders with visual guidance from more than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos.
Authors: Robert Nussbaum & Roderick R. McInnes & Huntington F Willard