EMDEX (Essential Medicines Index) is Nigeria's trusted source for drug and therapeutic information published since 1991. Based on both the WHO Model Formulary and Nigeria's Essential Drugs List, EMDEX is unique to Nigeria as it also details over 5000 drug products approved for use in the country.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
EMDEX is for healthcare professionals only.
EMDEX mobile app is intended to aid and not replace the professional judgement of the clinician. Every effort has been made to regularly update the contents of the drug information app. We do not however warrant the completeness and correctness of the entire publication and as such, shall not be held liable for any damages resulting from its use.
- Nigeria's EMDEX now available on MedHand Mobile Library.
- Swift access to clinical drug information with or without internet. And you no longer have to worry about updates.
- Access your EMDEX and other clinical decision support tools anywhere and whenever you need it
- Instant information on over 5000 registered drug products when you need it, in your hands, both offline and online
- MedHand platform is quite user-friendly and intuitive.
- Easy-to-use navigation tools, cross-links, and links to external references including Pharmacovigilance
- Smart, versatile & powerful SEARCH functionality – just start typing, select & click.
- Search formulary (both WHO Model Formulary & Nigeria's EDL), monograph (or generic name), preparation (or brand name) & title (or topic index)
- Dictionary – MEDICINE, DENTISTRY & NURSING
- Built-in medical calculators: BMI, Creatinine Clearance, etc.
- Bookmark pages or drugs you use often and click edit to individualize the information
- Add Notes – just touch & hold, select highlight & tap
- Index of pharmaceutical manufacturers and/or importers with links to their respective websites PLUS links to each company's detailed drug information page in www.RxNigeria.com
Please note that the free version of this app comes with preview content. There is an in-app purchasing option for the full content across all chapters and appendices.