CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Geriatrics
This McGraw-Hill app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for Current Diagnosis and Treatment: Geriatrics includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title:
A Doody's Core Title for 2015! An authoritative, one-stop source of answers on conditions commonly encountered among older adults.
For more than 70 years, professors, students, and clinicians have trusted LANGE for high-quality, current, concise medical information in a convenient, affordable, portable format. Whether for coursework, clerkships, USMLE prep, specialty board review, or patient care, there's a LANGE book that guarantees success.
- Provides a framework for using the functional and cognitive status, prognosis, and social context of patients to guide diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions
- Applies the principles of geriatric medicine in different care settings to address common clinical scenarios and common geriatric conditions
- Includes valuable information on health promotion and disease
- Delivers essential information on important topics such as delirium, cognitive impairment, dementia, falls and mobility disorders, Parkinson and other movement disorders, sleep disorders, and arthritis
- Covers special geriatric considerations in cardiovascular health, cancers, endocrine disorders, skin problems, respiratory disease, and renal disorders
- Concise, practical, and current diagnostic and treatment information on the most common health problems of older adults
- The best quick reference for busy clinicians who provide care for older patients
- Valuable to students, residents, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, internists, and family physicians
- Includes guidance on care in all settings - clinic, home, hospital, and long-term care, as well as pre- and post-operative settings
Authors: Rebecca Conant, C. Landefeld, Cyrus Ahalt, Brie Williams,Anna Chang, Helen Chen