Clinical Anatomy of the Eye, 2nd Edition
This Wiley app-book, Clinical Anatomy of the Eye, 2nd Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Clinical Anatomy of the Eye has proved to be a very popular textbook for ophthalmologists and optometrists in training all over the world.
The objective of the authors is to provide readers with the basic knowledge of anatomy necessary to practice ophthalmology. They recognize that this medical speciality requires a detailed knowledge of the eyeball and the surrounding structures. The specialist’s knowledge should include not only gross anatomic features and their development, but also the microscopic anatomy of the eyeball and the ocular appendages. The nerve and blood supply to the orbit, the autonomic innervation of the orbital structures, the visual pathway, and associated visual reflexes should receive great emphasis. This the authors achieve in 13 detailed and well-illustrated chapters.
- Fully updated and revised with many new tables and colour illustrations
- Includes a new chapter on Cranial Nerves
- User-friendly: each chapter is now preceded by a short table of contents for quick reference to the material, and subject headings are now very clear and easy to follow
- The practical application of anatomic facts to ophthalmology has been emphasised throughout this book in the form of Clinical Notes in each chapter
- Clinical problems requiring anatomic knowledge for their solution are presented at the end of each chapter
- Illustrations are kept simple, and overview drawings of the distribution of the cranial and autonomic nerves have been included
- The anatomy of new clinical techniques has been introduced
- Includes photographs of living subjects to assist study
"The most stunning aspect of this book is that the authors serve the needs of all levels of expertise...this format greatly aids the clinician...and guides the beginner..." – American Journal of Ophthalmology on the first edition.
Authors: Richard S Snell and Michael A Lemp