BNF for Children (BNFC) 2017-2018
This Medical Association and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain app-book, BNF for Children (BNFC) 2017-2018, improves your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using its patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- History & Bookmarks
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- Notes and picture notes
The BNF for Children (BNFC) 2017-2018 provides essential practical information to all healthcare professionals involved in the prescribing, dispensing, monitoring and administration of medicines to children.
The resource addresses a significant knowledge gap in many areas of paediatric practice by providing practical information on the use of medicines in children of all ages from birth to adolescence.
Recommendations in the BNFC have been constructed on the basis of authoritative sources, emerging evidence and best practice guidelines. The content has been carefully validated by a network of paediatric experts and the process is overseen by a paediatric formulary committee.
The BNF for Children 2017-2018 has been revised and revalidated to reflect changes in product availability, emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice.
- Guidance on the drug management of common childhood condition
- Practical advice on topics such as prescription writing and reporting adverse drug reactions
- Hands-on information on prescribing, monitoring, dispensing and administering medicines for childhood disorders
- Comprehensive dosing guidance for children from birth up to 18 years old
- Details of products on the market as well as reference to many essential products that are not licensed
- Indication of the licensing status of drugs.
Published jointly by the British Medical Association, Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, and the Neonatal and Paediatric Pharmacists Group.