Adverse Reactions to Biologics
This Karger app-book, Adverse Reactions to Biologics, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
In many areas of medicine, physicians still face the great challenge of finding therapies that will meet the patients' needs. In dermatology the challenge has arisen on multiple fronts through advances in the understanding of the immunopathogenesis of many inflammatory and malignant cutaneous disorders. Breakthroughs, combined with significant developments in targeted immunotherapy, have resulted in improved outcomes as these newer therapies are being used for both approved indications and as off-label therapies for various chronic inflammatory skin disorders and many forms of skin cancer.
In the expectation that by truly understanding the safety profile of these targeted therapies patients' outcomes will be significantly improved, this book offers insights into topics such as:
- adverse reactions
- infectious complications and the perioperative use of biologics in psoriasis
- immunogenicity of biologic therapies
- paradoxical reactions
- safety of biologics used to treat autoimmune bullous diseases and primary cutaneous lymphomas
- adverse reactions and skin manifestations of therapies targeting melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer and other neoplastic diseases
Eminent researchers with extensive clinical experience have contributed to this publication, providing an in-depth overview of the latest knowledge in this field - thus making it an essential reference.
Editors: L Puig and W Gulliver